Saturday, December 31, 2016

Let’s have a new beginning


Greetings!

Though in some countries like Australia, India etc., - where I have family and friends - the new year 2017 has already arrived, for those living in the US, it is just around the corner.

While bidding adieu to 2016 and welcoming 2017, I renewed my forever-good-standing new year resolution - which is not to make one.

As I have been doing for the past few years, here I'm sending my New Year Wishes to you & yours with a new Terzanelle.






Here is the New Book of Life
Old leaves have turned over
Let’s have a new beginning

Many smiles were stored
Tucking away sorrows for now
Old leaves have turned over

I need to experience everything
Though I favor merriment
Tucking away sorrows for now
 
Fears and tears stay on
All emotions are duly respected
Though I favor merriment

Misery is the best teacher
Grooming us to rejoice in the here and now
All emotions are duly respected

New Year has arrived
Here is the New Book of Life
Grooming us to rejoice in the here and now
 Let’s have a new beginning



                                            ~Lalitha 









5 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you too Lalitha as we celebrate yet another new beginning. May good things continue, difficult things become easy and the may the new year make us strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you introduced me to this form, I tried few times rather in telugu and enjoyed it a lot! This new year wishes stands yet another good work of your linguistic excellence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usha: Thanks for taking time to read my Terzanelle & your nice words! I am looking forward to reading your Telugu Terzanelle.

      Delete
  3. Very nice Lalitha! I love the Terzanelle style of poetry that you used. I like the part that you noted "though I favor merriment" and that misery is the best teacher for learning to appreciate the present moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment !!!